Some Mists of Pandaria glyphs are out in the beta and here is my reaction to the ones that caught my eye. Glyphs have been a perfectly good addition to World of Warcraft, but they’ve never really delivered in terms of how awesome they could be. Until now apparently.
Glyph of Avenging Wrath
While Avenging Wrath is active, you are healed for 0% of your maximum health every 4 sec
- Pretty excited about this one, free health is always welcome, and with the moderately short cooldown on Avenging Wrath this is a great glyph for all 3 specs.
Glyph of Consecration
You can now target Consecration anywhere within 25 yards.
- Whoa. I don’t know about this one. One of the things I despised about Death and Decay early in my DK tanking career was being forced to click twice to use it. Since then I’ve become accustomed to it, and can use it intelligently to pull aggro/do damage in one place when I have to be in another. I might like this.
Glyph of Double Jeopardy
Judging a target increases the damage of your next Judgment by 20%, but only if used on a second target.
- Hmm. I see this being useful on a pull, by judging one target and then switching to the main target for my next judgement and extra threat, but this is missing information. Does the effect stack (probably not)? Does it work with Seal of Righteousness judgement multi-target effect? I can see myself skipping this one with the exception of PvP, where switching targets can be critical.
Glyph of Fire From the Heavens
Your Judgment and Hammer of Wrath criticals call down fire from the sky.
- Hell Yes.
Glyph of Hammer of Wrath
You take 10% less damage for 10 sec after using Hammer of Wrath.
- See above. How does this make it to live? I can’t see it. I want it, but I’ll be surprised if this makes the cut.
Glyph of Flash of Light
When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 4 sec by 30%.
- My healing days are mostly over (kinda sad, I really enjoyed paladin healing in Cataclysm), but this is awesome. Chain a FoL and Holy Shock together and your tank is a happy camper.
Glyph of Inquisition
Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 10% but increases its duration by 100%.
- Sooooo much to say about this one. Only 20% damage buff, but a duration of 60 seconds? Depending on how many extra Templar’s Verdict we can squeeze in, it might be worth it. TO THE CALCULATOR!
Glyph of the Luminous Charger (NYI)
Your paladin class mounts glow with Holy Light.
- Am I going to use this one? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Glyph of Icy Touch
Your Icy Touch dispels one helpful Magic effect from the target.
- WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! Ahem. Yay.
Glyph of Death and Decay
Your Death and Decay also reduces the movement speed of enemies within its radius by 50%.
- Hmm, does this mean desecration is gone as an ability? I like that Unholy Death Knights might have a ranged slow. I had to spec into Frost just for Magmaw, and was stuck in Frost until Gurthalak dropped in RF for me. This makes me happy.
Glyph of Death Coil
Your Death Coil spell is now usable on all allies. When cast on a non-undead ally, Death Coil shrouds them with a protective barrier that absorbs up to ((0+0.495*AP)*1) damage.
- Well, with the numbers provided, and using Leodar’s Blood spec AP this is a 4,455 damage barrier. I like this. A lot.
Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell
Causes your Anti-Magic Shell to absorb all incoming magical damage, up to the absorption limit.
- Increases damage absorbed from 75% to 100%. Yeah, I’ll sign up for this depending on the glyph slot. There may be better choices, but this one certainly isn’t bad – especially for certain fights.
I’ve got high hopes for glyphs in this expansion. What are some of your favorites?